Saturday, June 28, 2008

Cooking & Philosophy

Well well well... Cooking and I sure do share an interesting rapport. Today I made kabuli chana... was absolutely yummy even though salt was double of what it should have been.

:)

My mother had kept the chana in the cooker and had already put salt at that time... Without bothering to check, while cooking it with masala, I generously added salt.

Life sure is filled with lots of interesting twists and turns. Never had I imagined that I would enjoy cooking. The aroma of onion ginger paste being cooked is a class apart in itself. Hmmm... I guess its my love for aromas that has made me develop a soft spot for trying my hand in the kitchen.

Cooking, travelling, reading... I sure am loving life the way its headed. I feel blessed indeed that I am able to savour each moment of life. There is so much more to learn and so much for me to apply.

God!!! I never imagined that a topic like cooking would ignite the philosophical fire within. But isn't that exactly the important point!!! All of us keep searching for a perfect recipe for our lives... what we often forget is that most of the time, its the journey and experimenting that makes life really worth it. Who cares what happens in the end as long the journey has enriched the soul within :)

That's exactly what happened with the chana today. I so enjoyed making the chana, that despite the extra bit of salt, my family and I relished the dish. And no, its not a one off case... Try it out sometime. Trust me, it works... it ALWAYS works... Its your approach and how much you actually believe in your approach that makes the world of a difference. Its never the perfect recipe that counts, its trying those 101 incorrect recipes and laughing with life that makes life seem perfect in the true sense of the word.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting thoughts ! I really liked the way your drew an analogy between your cooking experience and life..

10:19 AM  
Blogger Daneshia said...

so very true! :)

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home