Friday, December 22, 2006

Monsoon in May

If I had wings
Today I would happily fly
Reach out to the mountains
Which seem to be kissed by the sky

I would dance on the clouds
Leap from hill to hill
Sing , dance and cheer and laugh
At my own sweet free will

I would strain to hear
The whispering of the trees
I would listen to the songs
As they sway to the breeze

I would visit the sun
And chatter with Apollo
And then come back to earth
On his special rainbow

I would ask the moon about its changing shapes,
The moon would gift my eyes its light
So that I come back to earth and
See a full moon every night

I would colour autumn
With a green dress every day
My smile would hold the dazzle of lightning
I will celebrate monsoon in May.

4 Comments:

Blogger Daneshia said...

excellent as ever :)
wish u a happy new monsoony year! :)

12:47 AM  
Blogger Daneshia said...

helllo! why no more updates! one beautiful poem quick!

7:47 PM  
Blogger Kathak - The Story Teller! said...

Awesome!
:)

8:46 PM  
Blogger Skinsleuth said...

Lovely yet again..

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home