Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Two Views & A Vision

His Version:
It was a summer noon
As hot as never before
I was on my garden porch
Locking my wooden door

It was just one step
That I took beyond the gate
The sight made me falter
My instincts made me wait

My mind stopped thinking
My heart skipped a beat
I was sure I was dreaming
About the lady I wanted to meet

She couldn't be real
With such a dazzling face
Her one look lighted my world
With a million and one rays

Her eyes were shaped liked almonds
A beautiful hazel brown
An intoxicating look
That would bring heaven down

She caught me staring
And gave me a smile
I felt like a fool
A first class juvenile

I threw a furtive glance
There wasn't a soul i could see
I felt I was in heaven
Happy that the smile was for me

I tried to take a step
But my legs wouldn't move
I tried to speak out
Alas! my lips were sealed too.

"Are you Mr.James?" she asked
What on earth was my name?
My God, I couldn't remember
I felt like dying of shame.

In a trance I spoke out
"Well ,yes that's me"
My next words horrified my mind
"If that is whom you wanna me to be"

She gave a musical gurgle
The sweetest sound I've ever heard
Smiling with amusement
Directed at my every word

"I guess then",she whispered
"You aren't Mr.James
You are one of those many
Who fall for pretty dames"

"Lady, you insult my honour
By terming me one of many
Nought for a single dame before
Have a cared even a penny

Charming and wise
Beautiful and witty
To call you anything but an angel
Would be surely a pity

You have cast a spell
You have enchanted me
My heart seems to be bewitched
By an unassuming lil lady."

Hearing my ode to her
She gave the sweetest look
"Even I don't know any Mr.James,
Its just a name from a book"

Her version:
"I couldn't remember
Why I came out here
One look at you, young man
No longer did anything seem clear"

"It was just one step
That I took outside ur gate
Your sight made me falter
My instincts made me wait"

"My mind stopped thinking
My heart skipped a beat
I was sure I was dreaming
About the man I wanted to meet"


"You couldn't be real
With your one in a million face
Your one look lighted my world
With a million and one rays"

"I gave you a smile
But you were as still as stone
Gathering my guts
Sally stepped into a never before zone"

"Now that I am sure
You too feel for me
Will you do the honour
Of telling who u might be."

I am Ian , dear Sally
I am glad to meet you
I feel I am in heaven
And am happy u feel that too.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey that was too touchy

5:52 AM  
Blogger Daneshia said...

:)

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home